When In Aroma Candle Company is committed to producing products that are safe for your home. Here are the following standards we hold ourselves accountable to:
- All product components were tested before being sold including jars, wax, wicks, fragrances, and product bases for room sprays, diffusers, etc.
- All products using fragrance oils adhere to their respective usage standards as set forth by IFRA (International Fragrance Association).
What are fragrance oils?
Fragrance oils are a combination of natural essential oils and synthetic aroma chemicals. Natural fragrances are extracted from plants or flowers and synthetic fragrances are manufactured from man-made materials. The synthetic components of the fragrance oil do not make them unsafe or dangerous to use as they do not pose a risk at the concentrations used in fragrance oil.
Our fragrances are phthalate-free, non-toxic, and cruelty-free — our suppliers have never tested products on animals.
What is soy wax?
Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from soybean oil. To create the wax, soybeans are harvested - primarily in the USA - then the beans are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated. This process converts some of the fatty acids in the oil from unsaturated to saturated which enables the oil to become solid at room temperature. Plus, no waste here - the leftover soybean husks are then used as animal feed.
Here's why you can feel good about choosing soy wax:
- NATURALLY-DERIVED: Soybean oil is extracted from a plant, making it an all-natural ingredient.
- AMERICAN-GROWN: Most of the world's soybeans are grown in America - primarily in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana.
- SUSTAINABLY-SOURCED: Our supplier ensures raw materials are produced in a sustainable way, protecting biodiversity and ecosystems and reducing their environmental impact, while safeguarding human rights and people’s livelihoods.
- RENEWABLE: Compared to paraffin wax, which is derived from a shrinking global oil supply, soy wax is derived from a plant. These plants are often harvested yearly in fields that are then reused to grow more soybeans. Instead of pulling from a depleted oil supply, soy is using replenish-able resources.
Why does soy wax make a good candle?
Many store-bought candles or wax melts contain paraffin wax or a "soy wax blend" which usually includes paraffin. (Hint: Yankee Candle, Bath and Body Works, Scentsy, just to name a few). Paraffin wax typically contains controversial and potentially harmful chemicals as it is derived as a byproduct of petroleum, coal, or oil shale. Anecdotally, after making the switch to soy wax candles, you'll notice the difference in the air quality of your home.
When In Aroma candles are made with an all-natural soy wax that is blended with soy-based additives to allow the wax to hold more fragrance than a pure soy wax. Rest assured, our wax is still made with 98% soy.
Here's the benefits of soy wax candles:
- LONGER BURN TIME: At a lower melting point, soy candles burn slower and extend the life of your candle.
- UNIQUE QUIRKS: After burning your soy candle, the surface may cool with craters just like the moon, this is how you know it's truly soy.
- NO BLACK SOOT: This wax is clean burning and will not produce the black soot more typical of paraffin-based candles which has been known to stain walls.
- CLEAN WHITE COLOR: With a semi-matte finish, soy wax naturally creates a clean, modern look with no color additives or dyes added. This ensures When In Aroma candles can compliment any decor style.
Our soy wax candles are clean burning, non-toxic, and naturally-derived which means it’s better for both the environment and your health. They're vegan, cruelty-free and eco-friendly.